My life in the Windy City

Sunday, February 11, 2018


The hustle and bustle of moving into a new city is slowly but surely coming to a close.

 In the past month, I have seemingly done the impossible; I started my new job, found an apartment, and even got a new car. I would like to consider myself a vet of some sorts when it comes to moving. In the past five years, this has been my third time leaving the nest (aka the Twin Cities) for the great unknown.

Maybe I was naive, but somehow moving from one state to another has been more complicated than leaving the country (which perplexes me). When you leave the country, you essentially get up and go; crossing your fingers that good fortune will come your way. Like any move-in process, there are hiccups along the way, but I just shrugged it off and blamed the French bureaucracy for any minor inconveniences and reminded myself that Monoprix had 1 euro wine.

In America, one dollar wine is unheard of and so are the hiccups along the way.  Hiccups have become hurdles and the list of things to do doesn't seem to stop.I'll admit that there are days where I get overwhelmed with everything that is going on. For the first time ever, I am living alone. I don't have a roommate to laugh with during dinner time or a host mother counseling me on what areas of town to avoid at night. It's just, me.

The great thing about time is that there is always something new and unexpected around the corner. Every day, I am meeting someone new; whether its the group of moms in my  Tuesday core-circuit class or creatives in the photographer-model meet-ups downtown. Weekends feel like vacations and sometimes, just sometimes, you might be able to catch a tiny tear falling down my eye because I am in disbelief that this is happening.

Until next time,

Sabrina Kennelly

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. When I was reading your article I was totally into it. You wrote it amazingly. This blog is awesome and keep sharing your life experiences with us. Now avail derma rollers for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Call ☎ 020-8686-4000 for Croydon Cars MiniCab Taxi Service from Places Such as Shirley Minicabs, Purley Minicabs, Wallington, Beddington, Waddon, Addington, Thorntonheath, Sanderstead ✓Gatwick airport ✓Heathrow AirPort ✓Standsted AirPort ✓Luton AirPort ✓East, South, West Croydon Taxi in London, UK.
    "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You find a good job. Hope you will success in your life. Thanks for sharing your happiness with us. Keep it up. Now its time to avail Kabou taxi cab services in Southfield Mi for more information.

    ReplyDelete