Goal: To take Minneapolis by storm

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Networking can be a scary thing. So much so that sometimes I even break out on my chest because I'm scared that I'll make a fool out of myself. Yep, that's right folks, I'm scared out of my whits when it comes networking. This may come to as a shock to those who know me and think of me as a social butterfly but I assure you that this is real.


Fortunately, I'm a firm believer that practice makes perfect (though I'm not sure I'm at the perfect stage yet) and the motivation to promote my freelance photography. Last Tuesday, I had the chance to partake in a networking event for models and photographers. I'll be honest and tell you that I was really nervous about promoting Sabrina Kennelly. This is probably because I have invested a lot of time, effort, and hard work into it so I'm scared that I'll fail. 

What's great about networking is that you learn when meeting others that everyone else is in the same boat as you. There are more similarities than differences, and each time I end up questioning myself as to why I was so nervous about being scared about a networking event. By the end of the night, I was working the room, collecting business cards, and even conducted a quick black-and-white photo shoot with some models. It just goes to show you that yes, it is natural to be scared, but once you face them there can be some awesome benefits. Let me know what you think about the photos below. I'm excited about the future of my freelance photography thanks to Tuesday's meetup. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments