Finding your support system while traveling

Friday, October 27, 2017


Image result for sex and the city 2
I like to consider myself to be a social media addict. Last year during my travels I relied heavily on social media in order to contact friends and family abroad. I'll admit, I love sharing my travels on social media, but sometimes I find myself needing to rant about certain predicaments. So when my friend suggested that I join the Facebook group, Girls Love to Travel, I didn't  hesitate to join.

I bit about the group. "Girls LOVE Travel is a global community of active and aspiring female travelers providing resources and empowerment to one another through safety, socializing and support". That's right folks, this is an ALL GIRLS group to ask about travel tips, be a support system, and connect with fellow travelers.

It sounds cheesy, but this is more than your average Facebook group. It is an international sisterhood that encourages users to connect over events. Founded in 2015, Girls Love to Travel has expanded into more than just a typical Facebook group. You could debate and say that it has become a type of corporation with its sponsored trips, merchandise, and admin team.

I would be lying if I said that the group hasn't helped me significantly in the past years, and I'm sure that many users would agree. I have used this site for international job advice, information on required documents while traveling, and moral support for those days of being homesick while abroad.

If you are interested in being a member of the group (you have to be a girl, sorry boys), check on the link.  Are you already apart of the group? If so comment below and let me know what you think of it!

Until next time,





You Might Also Like

0 comments