Making the extra effort

Saturday, March 09, 2013

This past week, I've been noticing a big trend in my life. Freaky, I know. I don't know if I had a revelation about the world or society as a whole, or if it just contains to my personal life. I'll let YOU be the judge if that. So here it goes
I've noticed that lately people, including myself, will do whatever it takes to get what they want. Maybe it's that hot senior guy in class. You will dress up on those days you go to class, take that extra 15 minutes to prep, and get the balls to talk,laugh, get his number. Others will try to revive old friendships, acting like a crazy loon and texting, sending Skype requests, sub tweeting for their attention, and Facebook messaging them hoping you'll hear the bing from your mailbox. For love people will do crazy things as well. Having sex on the first or second date, compromising and saying that being friends with benefits is ok, sexting, Internet dating, and blindly not seeing others flaws because you're simply in love with them and all that you see is perfection. The same can be said for school, people work their asses off and forget about the fun in life. All their time and dedication is put onto a piece if paper, which at times, is shot back in the face with despair and rejection.
We do it all, or have, or will, at some point in time. There is that one thing that makes you tick. You will climb mountains. Do anything to achieve this magical realm of candy and kingdoms. I'm still trying, everyday, to comprehend why people will put their own image/reputation on the line for this.
I guess that's the joy if college. And life. Learning day by day more about yourself and the world around you. What makes you tick, what nags you, and your passions. They all are becoming more and more clear as time goes on. Your likes and dislikes become well known for not only your taste buds now, but for the world around you as well.



Until next time, 


You Might Also Like

0 comments