Body Positivity: New Year, New Attitude

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

 

     If you watch an unhealthy amount of TV or are engrossed with People or Us weekly magazine, you know that with a new year comes a new body. You might remember on my previous blog posts that I have struggled with loosing weight. With the help of Weight Watchers (no endorsement here) and changing my intake of meat to solely fish, I was able to loose 50 pounds. Now, almost a year and a half later I'm back to the original weight that I started off at. It honestly came out of the blue. I knew that after I had studied abroad in France I had gained weight. With all the wine and cheese it was bound to happen. With summer and the want to get back into my bikini I became toned and got back to my weight. Then the dreaded senior year came. Priorities shifted and I became more stressed out then I could remember. I still exercised (I actually have started lap swimming in the mornings at 6:30 am!) and was eating pretty healthy (because everyone has a cheat day now and then). Still, I was surprised that somehow this could happen.


@khloekardashian Instagram
  So I looked for some motivation. I looked at social media accounts like Demi Lovato and Khloe Kardashian who publicly aired out on social media there body confidence and journey to being healthy. I looked at their social media success- what did they do that was so different than mine? I did the same work-out as them and even ate the same food.  It was the attitude that made it different and allowed for them to maintain their success. Unlike the first time that I started my weight loss journey, I started this one off with a positive attitude. I didn't get mad at myself like before, I just started doing it. Yes there have been some bumps on the road- but isn't that life? It's one of the curse and blessings that life will give you; the unexpected.
@ddlovato Instagram

   Now, 27 days into the new year I have begun to change my attitude, and along with it so have the pounds. I'm taking every day one step at a time. I've learned that sometimes its okay not to work out till I want to pass out but instead to work on my mind, body, and soul. In my next health post, I'll be talking about what workout plans I've been doing in order to maintain a great mind, body, and soul.

Until then check out my Instagram for motivational post @theprincessfusion!
 


You Might Also Like

0 comments