Becoming a tourist in Minnesota : Minnesota State Capital

Friday, August 18, 2017



Living in the Twin Cities has its perks. One of them is being steps away from buildings with stunning architecture, history, and beauty. Last weekend, I had the chance to go inside the Minnesota State Capital. As a Minnesota native, I rarely do 'touristy' things such as visiting monuments like the Capital. I honestly don't know why I don't frequent sites like these more often.

It has been over 10 years since I visited the capital. I think I was in 5th or 6 grade when I last visited the site to celebrate a new coin being released.  As a photographer, this was a dream come true to be able to see a building that has so much history about the state that I grew up in. If you are interested in visiting the State Capital in Minnesota (which I would highly recommend) you can do so by going in the early afternoon from 10am-2pm for free. I highly recommend visiting the third floor and seeing the artwork from the former first lady. Here you will see a variety of artwork that she produced including paintings of Grand Avenue and travel boards from exotic travels.

In case you can't make it up to the Minnesota State Capital anytime soon, here are just a few snaps from the tour I took of the capital. Hopefully, this will be an inspiration for visiting this MN tourist site and others. I know it has for me and I can't wait to visit other sites in the future.







You Might Also Like

0 comments