Being a travel blogger at home?

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Image result for travel blogger

With my travels coming to an end soon, my worry for writers block for the blog have been looming in my head. For almost a year now, my blog has primarily been dedicated to my teaching experience here in France. With the program over (and the date to go back to the States looming closer every day), reality has begun to sink in. My days of extensive traveling are coming to an end.

I feel like a spoiled brat for actually being sad about this (okay, maybe disappointed is a better word?).For almost a year I have had the privilege of essentially getting payed to travel.  Now, reality is sinking in and the times of doing day trips to Paris and Geneva have officially come to an end. With the impending return to Minnesota, I wonder what I will write about as a blogger. I'm sure many of you travel bloggers have gone through these internal debates as well. Sure, I can write about my struggles of adjusting back home, but there comes a point where complaining can only go so far.

At the end of the day people come to read travel blogs because the yearn for something they cant have at a certain time or moment. Its why we are always obsessed with social media; watching everyone's moves and wondering if they are doing something better than we are.

The truth of the matter is this: life will probably  be a bit less glamorous for a bit. You might even notice this on the blog (or the lack of posts for sheer embarrassment that I'm not living some fabulous life)  Don't get me wrong, I love Minnesota (only in the summer though), but there's only so much that one can blog about  their hometown right?

Wrong. I'm going to challenge myself to continue to blog as much as I have here in France and see if I can use this new found perspective and travel bug inside of me and apply it to my hometown in Minnesota. Sure, I might not be doing day trips to Paris for a while, but that doesn't mean I should stop myself from the possibility of discovering new places along the way in the United States and Minnesota.

I'm excited to really see the United States for what it has to offer this summer and write about it on the blog. I might not be getting payed to travel anytime soon (though it would be pretty rad if I was), but that doesn't mean I can't explore; or write in this blog.  


Until next time,


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yes, you are right. Not traveling does not mean to stop thinking, writing, sharing or imagining. You may write about every experience you had during your stay in different countries like people, culture, food etc.

    ReplyDelete