Homesick in France: Back at the Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, April 20, 2017



Being homesick can suck. I tried googling up cures to being homesick and every remedy wasn't helping. I ate Mac& Cheese, watched my favorite movie, went outside for walks and still: I was getting sick of France. I'll be honest and tell you that this isn't my first time being homesick. I would like to think of myself as a bit of an expert when it comes to dealing with the blues. At then end of the day, I wouldn't take back my experience here in France. I've immensely enjoyed the opportunity to travel, meet new people, and step outside of my comfort zone.

Sometimes it can be hard to always be stepping out of your comfort zone. Familiarity is desired, and the want for a home cooked meal and time with the family and friends is craved. So, I decided to do what any sane American abroad does when they are missing the States just a bit too much: I indulged in my consumerism loving ways and went to Disneyland Paris.



Now for those that might remember, I used to be an avid Disneyland Paris goer in 2015. I had an annual pass and you could probably spot me riding It's a Small World on any given weekend. Living in Montpellier, I have found myself struggling to find easy transportation to see my beloved friends Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Fortunately, if there's a will there's a way. Like many of my travels: I planned last minute (booking only a couple hours in advance) thanks to my Happy Card Pass I was able to visit Disneyland for the day and be back in Montpellier before midnight.

I'm sure that visiting Disneyland wont always solve my problems (or that I'll be able to travel there at a drop of a hat), but for now I'll consider myself lucky that I got to spend a day at the happiest place on Earth and squash away the homesick blues with the help of a few laughs, roller coasters, princes and princesses, and two pretty awesome mice.

Until next time,







You Might Also Like

0 comments