Day Trip To Marseille

Wednesday, March 29, 2017



One of the cities in France that gets a bad reputation is Marseille. It's always interesting to hear the mixed reaction from people on whether or not Marseille is worthy or not to visit. For some, they believe that Marseille is too dirty for the South of France. Others, love this port town because of its culture and warmth. The first time that I went to Marseille in October, I decided to go in with an open mind. I took into account of what people had told me about the town. I booked an Airbnb for a week in Aix and decided to do day trips to Marseille (which is a 45 minute ride via train) just in case if the rumors were true.
Fast forward to last week. It's the middle of March and I'm back in Marseille. I've done the majority of the tourists stuff here including going up to the top of the church, seeing the old town, and the port. I decided to take with a grain of salt what others had said about this southern french town and make my own opinion for it. Though I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Marseille (I couldn't see myself living there ), I don't hate it. 

Marseille is great for many reasons. It has a bit of something for everyone. If you like the hustle and bustle of the city or relaxing on the beach, this city has a bit of both for you. After a fifteen minute walk away from the train station and it's many steps, I find myself transported into a vacation destination. There's something about sitting at a cafe, staring at the boats in the harbor, and getting a nice tan from the sun that is so simple, yet so unique. 


So if you're wondering if you should visit Marseille I would say yes. I'll admit and tell you that it might not be the city for everyone to visit, but it is worth a day trip. Plus, if you're into spotting where famous TV shows and/or movies this is the town for you. You might just find yourself at the restaurant where Colin Firth attempted to propose in Portuguese. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments