Let's try to cook: Lentil Hummus

Saturday, April 09, 2016





Happy Saturday everyone! As I mentioned last week, I have been trying to learn how to cook with my blender. This week I made Hummus. I had no idea till I looked at a cookbook how many different versions of hummus there are. You can have spicy hummus, lentil hummus (I had no idea what lentils was until this week), and Italian hummus. I love hummus because it's lightweight, easy to make, and healthy. Who knew that healthy food could taste so good? As always, here is the recipe from the Vitamixer piece book.


* 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
* 1/2 pound lentils, picked over
* 1/2 cup of tahnini ( THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL INGREDIENT FOLKS)
* 5 garlic cloves, peeled
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/2 extra virgin olive oil


Have you ever made hummus before? If so how did you make it? Let me know how it went!

Happy cooking everyone, 



You Might Also Like

0 comments