Fashion Friday: Dita Von Teese

Friday, April 08, 2016





Ever since I was a little kid, I have been a big fan of vintage fashion. I remember looking at pictures of my grandmother in her yellow dresses and cat eyes glasses and wanting to someday look exactly like here. Other woman such as Marilyn Monroe, who is infamously known for her style among other attributes, was also a style icon for myself at a young age because she allowed fashion to enhance her features rather than hide them. Unfortunately in 2016, the styles of hour glass dresses, petticoats, and giant shades are almost forgotten. Almost....
 
Dita Von Teese is one of these rare gems that also has an appreciation for vintage fashion. A burlesque dancer and entrepreneur, Van Teese uses fashion not only (as Monroe did back in the day) to show off her curves but to also create an image.  Similar to Gaga, the star is known for her looks that have long been forgotten about. With a modern twist Dita Von Teese exemplifies the 60s lifetyle and becoming a modern style icon for designers and brands alike.  Here are just a few of my favorite looks from the classic lady herself.










   
  

You Might Also Like

0 comments